Preparing for updated Early Years Foundation Stage
ACADE are pleased to announce our exciting partnership with Teaching Assistant and Early Years experts, TA College to offer a range of online professional development courses.
With a focus on practical strategies, research and best practice; each zoom course will be divided into a number of two hour interactive sessions to be accessible in your busy schedule.
Our short courses and recognised accredited NCFE CACHE qualifications are designed to support you in maintaining professional relevance and currency in British education.
The first available course in April 2021, is a six hour programme on the updated Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, with further topics and qualifications being added soon.
As funding is available through each school’s “bonificaciones”, that is, the courses are paid for and then refunded to the school from reductions in the social security payments (TC1/2) Delegates must attend for all sessions to complete the course. Failure to do this will result in the funding from the TC1/2 not being available.
Course places are limited, so early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
We look forward to seeing you on zoom soon!
Organization and price
Hours: 3 sessions 2 hours each.
Price: 110 Euros per participant ( 10 max per session).
Sessions, objectives and contents
Session 1 (2 hrs with Q&A)
to identify key changes to key Early Years documentation and statutory requirements from September 2021.
to focus on the changes and how they may affect planning and delivery in settings.
- Explore the changes in the Key Documents
- What this means for settings
- Beginning with a focussed look at the changes within the new key documents for Early Years. Early Years Framework, Development Matters and the handbook along with the Early Years Profile.
Session 2 (2 hrs with Q&A)
to further understand the focus on effective learning and teaching in Early Years.
to know and understand what makes good and excellent practice in Early Years.
- What makes good and excellent practice in Early Years
- Focus on the areas of effective learning and the areas of effective teaching and learning. Review and reflect on the settings and how children are learning and developing. What this looks like in setting and how can we ensure the impact on children’s development in all areas.
Session 3 (2 hrs with Q&A)
to be able to reflect on current practices.
to plan for how to meet the new Early Years requirements before September 2021.
- Reflect on current position where are you now, what do you need to do to meet requirements and create a plan for development.
- What do the changes mean to your setting and your practice.
- Action plan for change. A chance to exchange ideas, question and answer session.
From September 2021, documentation is changing in the Early Years. With an increased focus on communication skills, the introduction of self-regulation and professionalism in assessment opportunities, we will explore what these changes mean and how they influence policy and practice or settings.
We will look at how settings show good practice with continuous provision, child led learning, adult focus and assessment practices.
- Sessions for practitioners
- Sessions for leaders and headteachers
- Different times of the day for access in and out of school.
- Ongoing until ‘in person’ presential workshops can be arranged.
- Workshops for single settings can be arranged by booking all available places.
Eva Cartwright Bed (Hons)
As Principal and Founder of TA College, Eva has worked with schools across the globe to raise the profile and professional impact of teaching assistants, best practice in early years and child led learning.
Through working directly with schools and early years settings, speaking at conferences and leading the fabulous TA College team, Eva has a passion for supporting professionals to be creative in their approach to get the very best outcomes for children.
Emma Wynne BSc, PGCE, ACE, NPQH
With over 25 years experience in Primary Education, including Headteacher of a very successful Primary School for 10 years, Emma has a wealth of knowledge and skills share to enhance the development of other professionals.
As a fulltime member of the TA College team, leading Early Years training and qualifications, Emma enjoys working directly with schools and early years settings consistently receiving excellent feedback for her training and leadership coaching.
How to book
Option 1 (less than 10 delegates) From 17:00 to 19:00 each Tuesday.
- Cost: 110 € per delegate.
OPTION 2 (book full workshop for 10 delegates) arrange own times and dates to suit.
- Cost: 1100 € per workshop.